Instrument and Electrical Technician
Instrument and Electrical Technician Reports to: Automation Manager
Based: Midland, TX
Who We Are
Hillstone Environmental is a Denver-based company focused on water infrastructure solutions for the oil and gas industry. We offer a fully integrated water midstream solution, allowing us to maximize operating efficiency, reduce costs, and reduce environmental footprint for our customers. This solution includes water transportation via pipeline, water treatment for re-use, as well as water and waste disposal services. Hillstone is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with operations primarily in the Permian Basin in Texas, as well as in the Marcellus / Utica play in the Northeast and the Bakken Shale play in North Dakota.
Hillstone operates in a fast-paced environment and is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that results in team members being passionate about the success of the company.
What We Need
The primary role of the Midland I&E Technician is to provide Operations, I&E, and Measurement departments with day-to-day troubleshooting and support for in field end devices, programming, SCADA field hardware, communications and related software. This position works closely with vendors, contractors and operations field staff on the direct support of all aspects of field I&E equipment. The person selected for this role must currently reside or is willing to relocate to a location near Midland TX. This roll reports to the Automation Manager.
• Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of field instrumentation devices for process equipment including;
o Flow devices
o Pressure devices
o Temperature devices
o Direct and inferential level measurement devices
o Analytical equipment and instrumentation
• Installation, calibration, inspection, and troubleshooting of instruments and electrical equipment, in accordance with NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, API, ISA and Company Standards.
• Identify, interpret and effectively use drawings and documentation related to electrical and process controls including Electrical One-line diagrams, wiring schematics, control schematics, P&ID’s, Cause and Effect diagrams, Instrument Loop diagrams, etc.
• Interpret and troubleshoot PLC and RTU, and SCADA software logic including ladder logic, function block, and structured text routines.
• Troubleshoot and maintain Telemetry devices including Analog/Digital two-way radio, point to point microwave, and cellular routers.
• Work safely on AC distribution systems from 120 volts to 480 volts.
• Troubleshoot, repair motor control circuits and equipment including VFD’s, motors and motor control circuits.
• Plan and direct procurement of repair parts and material for electrical and instrument
systems for project and maintenance purposes.
• Be able to discuss and apply NFPA 70E to any electrical work scope both in theory and in
everyday practice on the job.
• Comply with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations, and safety policies and procedures.
• Be a Safety Leader and contribute to a ‘Safety First’ working culture.
• Support Facility Operations to minimize production impacts and enhance reliability.
• Maintain high standards of workmanship and professionalism while working as a member
of a team or when working alone.
Skills / Experience Basic
• HS Diploma
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, along with pre-employment and random
drug screenings (hair & urine)
• Minimum 5 years working experience in the process instrumentation and electrical trades,
preferably in oil and gas environments.
• Certifications from trade schools and/or professional organizations are preferred.
• Must be capable and willing to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to respond to emergency call outs.
• Must be able to use and navigate business applications including CMMS maintenance
• Travel to and work in the field locations is required.
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance
• Company paid short term disability
Hillstone Environmental Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.